Salary £22,737 - £23,500 Actual £16,496.59 - £17,050.17
+ Local Government Pension Scheme
31.25 hrs p/w term time only (39 weeks)
Start date: March 2024 or sooner if possible
Closing date: 9am on 21 March 2024
Function of the post:
Contribute to the students’ development, including their social and emotional well-being in supporting the teaching and learning in the classroom, providing general and specific assistance to students, under the direction and guidance of the teacher or independently in a one-to-one setting. This will involve providing assistance to the teacher in supporting students on a one-to-one or small group basis, across a wide range of activities and supported learning activities, including the preparation, maintenance and adaptation of resources.
- In liaison with, and under the guidance of the teaching staff and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator and following best practice, they appropriately support students on an individual or small group basis to understand instructions, and complete activities, encouraging and developing independent learning and inclusion of all students to ensure progression and continuity.
- Support students in social and emotional well-being, generally providing students with positive feedback and praise to reinforce and sustain students’ efforts and develop self-reliance and self-esteem; report problems to the teacher, or as appropriate and in-line with academy policy and procedures, such as health and safety, child protection, behaviour management.
- Monitor students’ responses to learning and feedback to the teacher on students’ progress and record basic student data in line with academy procedure.
- Support the learning of children, including implementing intervention programmes, in order to meet targets as required by the Special Educational needs and Disability Code of Practice and as identified on the pupil’s plan, including completing the appropriate paperwork.
- Provide general administrative support as required and directed by your line manager.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required and agreed with your line manager.
Please review the recruitment pack attached for further details about the role and how to apply.