Salary: £22,737 - £23,500 per annum Actual Salary: £16,496 - £17,050 per annum
31.25 hours per week (Monday to Friday 8.15 am to 3 pm) Term Time only (39 Weeks per annum)
Closing Date: Monday 8th January 2024
Start Date: January 2024
Interview Date: TBC
Weyford Nursery and Primary Academy is part of the University of Chichester Academy Trust. We are in an exciting phase in the school life and welcome applicants who would like to join us on our learning journey.
We believe that:
- Children come first – time to get to know our children really well and to develop warm and positive relationships with them is essential
- Parents and carers are vital partners in their children’s learning
- Children learn best when learning is rich and meaningful and builds on previous learning
- Children need to take ownership of their learning; they need to see themselves as learners and to be enabled to love learning
- We use constant assessment for learning and skilful intervention to support maximum progress for ALL children
We are looking for a class Teaching Assistant for key stage 2. You would be supporting the teacher in the delivery of the curriculum utilising your skills to develop the children in their learning and thinking. You would also be required to take small groups for support and intervention as required.
- Relate to children highly effectively
- Show initiative and respond to the child’s needs
- Communicate well with adults and children
- Keen to learn and improve
- Preferably have a relevant teaching and learning qualification (NVQ L3 or equivalent is desirable) and GCSE grade C or above in English and Mathematics
- Be a team player
- Be organised and a good timekeeper
- Be willing to work hard and to learn from the rest of the team
To apply, please complete an Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details, please contact Chris.email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of all relevant pre-employment checks.