Head of Computing
Salary range £30,000 - £52,051
MPR1 to UPR3 + TLR 2.3 (£5,527)
Required for: September 2024
Closing date: 29 February 2024
Interview date: TBC
Function of the Post
The post holder will take overall responsibility for the planning, monitoring and curriculum in computing that will lead to expected or better progress within the curriculum area. To support this work, you will lead a team that delivers high quality teaching and learning that enables all students to achieve in a supportive, innovative and encouraging environment.
- Responsible for raising standards within computing to ensure students achieve expected or better progress in all-year groups and particular student groups as directed by your line manager.
- Monitor and develop the curriculum to ensure that all students are engaged, motivated and progress.
- Ensure high standards in the quality of teaching and learning, student behaviour, engagement for learning and assessment which is in line with academic policy and effective practice.
- Provide motivation, inspiration and high expectations of staff that support the continuous development of the department, increasing staff performance which leads to improved student outcomes, whilst ensuring high levels of staff welfare.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and maintaining a safe environment for students, staff and visitors to the department.
- Undertake department evaluation activities including performance data analysis, lesson objectives, learning walks and regular work scrutiny to inform effective planning.
- Create and implement a department strategic plan that is challenging and ambitious, reflecting the priorities and actions identified within the school’s Strategic Development Plan.
- Make a positive contribution to the strategic aims, values and ethos of your subject area, the school and the University of Chichester Academy Trust.
- Take professional responsibility to act as an exemplary role model to others in line with the duties and expectations of a middle leader, promoting the values, culture and ethos of the school that promotes a positive and motivational environment.