CLASS TEACHER - Maternity Cover
Full time, fixed term for 2 terms with potential to be extended
From: April 2024 (or sooner if available)
Salary: MPR £30,000 - £41,333
Closing date: Monday 26th February at 12 noon.
Interview date: Monday 4th March
Berewood Primary School is proud of its journey since opening in September 2014. We now have 419 pupils on roll and are oversubscribed in almost all year groups. Together we are creating a vibrant, happy and exciting school, with a developing curriculum that provides a wealth of opportunities to inspire our pupils in their learning and personal development. Our school is a positive and energetic environment in which everyone is encouraged to do their best and achieve their full potential, a place where everybody is valued and respected. We are guided in our daily work by our values – we call them our Berewood Bonds:
We are kind and helpful
We are respectful and safe
We are resilient and hardworking
We offer you a skilled, hardworking and dedicated staff team willing to offer support and expertise to develop your own practise, as well as excited to learn from you. We work in a beautiful, purpose built new school, with bright classrooms, colourful shared spaces and lovely grounds.
We are looking for a new colleague to join us in Year 1 to take over the full time teaching responsibilities for one of our two classes in Year 1 whilst the post holder is on parental leave. This role would suit a more experienced candidate who can demonstrate a strong track record of highly effective teaching and outstanding pupil progress; someone who is ready to expand their professional experience in a fresh setting.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Has high expectations and aspirations for each one of the children they teach
- Works with optimism and enthusiasm to remove barriers to children's success
- Has a positive outlook to motivate children of all abilities to make very good progress
- Has a secure understanding of how formative assessment informs planning and practice
- Delivers high quality teaching for all and promotes children's independent learning
- Works creatively and with resilience so that all pupils can achieve their full personal potential
- Is positive and caring when working on children's welfare and pastoral needs
- Is self-motivated in putting pupil's learning and development at the heart of everything they do
- Leads by example and communicates well with children, colleagues and parents and governors by working in partnership with them
- Collaborates effectively as a team member, knowing that they will be valued for their contribution to the work of the school.
In return, we offer you:
- A friendly school which works closely with our pupils' families
- Happy, well behaved pupils who are well engaged with their learning
- A leadership team focused on pupil outcomes, school improvement and staff development
- Welcoming and kind children who enjoy coming to school every day
- A loyal team of dedicated and hardworking colleagues
- Excellent professional support from the University of Chichester Academy Trust
- Specialised professional development from practitioners through cutting edge research.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and welcomed; please ring the school office on 02394 006070 to arrange an appointment.
You can apply for this vacancy by downloading the University of Chichester Academy Trust application form (www.unicat.org.uk/careers) and supporting documents and sending it the school by e-mail (email@example.com) or by post.