Salary Range: £18,887 - £19,650 per annum, Pro rata salary: £8,433 - £8,774 per annum
Hours of Work: 18.75 hours per week (Mon-Wed, 8.15 am - 3.00 pm)
Working Pattern: Term Time only (40 weeks per annum)
Fixed Term Contract for 1 Year
Start Date: September 2022
Closing Date: 26 August 2022
Interview Date: 2 September 2022
Weyford Nursery and Primary Academy is part of the University of Chichester Academy Trust. We are in an exciting phase in the school life and welcome applicants who would like to join us on our learning journey.
We believe that:
- Children come first – time to get to know our children really well and to develop warm and positive relationships with them is essential
- Parents and carers are vital partners in their children’s learning
- Children learn best when learning is rich and meaningful and builds on previous learning
- Children need to take ownership of their learning; they need to see themselves as learners and to be enabled to love learning
- We use constant assessment for learning and skilful intervention to support maximum progress for ALL children
If you share our beliefs, you may be the special person we are looking to appoint, to support a KS2 class from September 2022. A love and enthusiasm for learning is essential in supporting children every step of the way.
You will be able to or demonstrate:
- Relate to children highly effectively
- Show initiative and respond to the children’s needs
- Communicate well with adults and children
- Keen to learn new skills and build upon current ones
- A relevant teaching and learning qualification (NVQ L3 or equivalent is desirable) and GCSE grade C (4/5) or above in English and Mathematics
- Being a team player
- Being organised and a good timekeeper
- Willing to go 'above and beyond' and learn from the rest of the team
To apply, please complete an Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form, which can be found on our website at weyfordprimary.co.uk under the About Us tab and Vacancies tab and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details, please contact Julie Smith Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of all relevant pre-employment checks.