Salary Range: £21,269 - £23,484 per annum, Pro rata salary £9,497 - £10,486 per annum
Working Pattern: 18.75 hours per week, 08.00 am - 3.15 pm (Mon-Wed), Term Time Only
Fixed Term Contract - 1 Year
Start Date: 1 September 2022
Closing Date: Friday 8 July 2022
Interview Date: Friday 15 July 2022
Weyford Nursery and Primary Academy is part of the University of Chichester Academy Trust. We are in an exciting phase in the school life and welcome applicants who would like to join us on our learning journey.
We believe that:
- Children come first – time to get to know our children really well and to develop warm and positive relationships with them is essential
- Parents and carers are vital partners in their children’s learning
- Children learn best when learning is rich and meaningful and builds on previous learning
- Children need to take ownership of their learning; they need to see themselves as learners and to be enabled to love learning
- We use constant assessment for learning and skilful intervention to support maximum progress for ALL children
If you share our beliefs, you may be the special person we are looking to appoint to support a Year 2 child with complex needs. You will ensure the child is able to fully access the curriculum and to receive regular sensory breaks. You will gain valuable knowledge and a variety of skills in the process. This role will involve building strong relationships with the child and the child’s family. You will work under the guidance of our Year 2 class teachers and our SENDCO, to follow advice provided by outside agencies.
- Relate to children highly effectively
- Show initiative and respond to the child’s needs
- Communicate well with adults and children
- Keen to learn and improve
- Preferably have a relevant teaching and learning qualification (NVQ L3 or equivalent is desirable) and GCSE grade C or above in English and Mathematics
- Be a team player
- Be organised and a good timekeeper
- Be willing to work hard and to learn from the rest of the team
To apply, please complete an Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details, please contact Julie Smith Headteacher at email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of all relevant pre-employment checks.