An exciting opportunity at Mill Chase Academy has now arisen for an experienced Catering Manager to join and lead our Kitchen team at the start of 2019.
Excellent hours – 27.5 hours per week, term time plus two days
This is a new and exciting self-led catering service which will, within the next 12 months, transfer to a brand new kitchen within the purpose-built new school in Bordon where you will be involved in the selection and purchase of new state of the art equipment.
If you’re looking for a Catering Manager role with great hours, a competitive salary and school holiday’s off, then this is the role for you.
As the Catering Manager you will:
- Plan and prepare delicious and balanced menus according to nutritional standards
- Develop new and healthy menus to run on a three/four weekly cycle
- Give guidance and assist your staff in the preparation of high standard meals
- Actively encourage healthy eating amongst the school community
- Deliver effective line management that motivates catering staff to perform to the best of their ability
- In collaboration with the Business Manager, assist with the preparation of annual budgets ensuring the best quality, local products are constantly being sourced
- Be responsible for stock management, recording the takings, controlling the float, preparing cash for banking
- Responsible for all staff recruitment, inductions, training and performance reviews
Why work as a Catering Manager for Mill Chase Academy:
- Excellent hours – 27.5 hours a week
- Term Time Only
- Great working conditions
- The opportunity to work for a school with an excellent reputation
- Within 12 months you will get to move into and manage a brand new kitchen within the brand new school in Bordon and be involved in the selection and purchase of new state of the art equipment
If you want the opportunity to lead a strong team, earn a great salary and shape the next generation of children’s experience with food, please complete the application form on our website: http://www.millchase.hants.sch.uk/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=9